When the typical person embarks on a diet or exercise regimen in the aim of losing weight or to burn belly fat, what they are usually instructed to do is to eat lots of protein and go on a low carbohydrate diet to be successful with either of the goals. Right there, an observer should see a red-flag: “How is it that the same dietetic suggestion for weight loss remains relevant for building muscle mass?!” Everyone knows we need a certain amount of protein everyday to stay healthy. Based mostly on misguidance to this effect, a few people view the daily consumption of a protein-heavy diet as favourable. But have you really seen any one lose the desired weight on such popular diets as the Doctor Atkins diet, which is fundamentally a low carbohydrate/protein-rich way of life.
I have seen a few people try it and fail, and even became sicker for the method. Here are some other facts that should spur you in the right direction in regards to exorbitant protein consumption: According to the French Hygiene specialist, Albert Mosseri, illnesses and conditions which can sometimes be caused or irritated by too much protein intake include: Leukemia, Skin Diseases and even Cancer.
Based on the John Robbins work titled: Diet for a New America, the number of people in the USA afflicted with sicknesses due to protein excess is a mind boggling 40, 000, 000 compared with a measly 3 people suffering from the deficiency of this substance. Judging by these, it could be time to revise the misinforming concepts on protein in our diets. Let us consider some factors on why a Low Carbohydrate Diet could be needless and even damaging to one’s health.
- The animals that are usually eaten for protein, what do they subsist on? Substances of the Plant Kingdom for example: cows live on grass exclusively.
- 98% of the human population is sweet toothed…which shows that carbohydrates are our main need contrary to popular belief.
- The great apes are basically fruit eaters (although with large amount of leaves in their diets) How similar are humans to them? Very much so. We share 98% of the same genes.
- It has been scientifically proven that mother’s milk is about 2% protein, now if this is the perfect of a growing baby for the first 3 years; naturally it shows the minimal need of it. (Point of note, the milk of a girl is influenced by her diet so naturally that should be checked.)
- The requirement of protein for the human body is about a nickel’s weight worth, the excess is to all intents and purposes excreted in piss.
- A few folks subsists on fruits and green leaves exclusively or starchy root vegetables, fruits and leaves only and are in top shape-I’ve seen and am one of them.
- People have fasted on water just for a couple of days and were basically stronger for the process!
- Fruits and green leaves give you enough protein: e.g. The Banana, Dates, Avocadoes, Olives, Cabbage, Lettuce, Durian, Young Coconuts and even the Apple. Precisely or a touch more than what you need at a given time.
- Based primarily on research, the necessity for amino acids is exceedingly exaggerated as only 16% or our body is Protein. Pure protein is essentially Nitrogen (N) with some Oxygen and Hydrogen and Carbon. We all know that we get a big share of our Oxygen and Hydrogen need from the air. Since we may be able to utilize and assimilate a massive quantity of our needs of these elements, we can build the Nitrogen into our body as protein. This process is done by natural bacteria action that is actually capable of changing it to our use. Folk who smoke though cannot pick up Nitrogen from the air so simply but might still get sufficient from correct foods. Though for your well-being, termination of tobacco usage is mandatory.
- Research has been done on the diet of the aboriginal tribes living in the Mountains of Hagen. Their diet consisted of 80 percent Sweet potatoes. The rest incorporated fruits and green leaf vegetables. Their daily consumption of protein was around 9.92 g. In the meantime, eliminated in their fecal matter was a protein of around 15 times more of what was ingested. This phenomenon illustrates the protein synthesis illustrated above.
Definitely cutting back on the ‘wrong ‘ kinds of Carbohydrates such as Cakes, Confectioneries, Bread, Polished rice and so on will be imperative for weight-loss, but replacing them with high protein foods is- just as from the points above-unnecessary and essentially harmful for overall fitness and health. So what should we eat? Simple, Raw and correctly cooked Fruits, Roots and Leafy Plants. Not only is this sort of diet unmatched for speedy weight-loss, but your body will say thank you for the change as you mechanically cleanse yourself from maybe a life-time of wrong eating.
Remember the famous quote by Hippocrates; the “Father of Medicine”: “Let your foods be your medicine and your medication your Foods!” Therefore , don't believe the hype of high protein/low carbohydrate diets to burn belly fat. For optimum health a sensible combination of your organic, seasonal fruits, roots and vegetables is the best and safest way to go.
The Burn Belly Fat Blog is all about finding the healthiest, simplest, funnest, most enjoyable ways to burn belly fat. Check out the blog to learn the best paths to burn belly fat.